Who knew banana and pumpkin could pair so well together? We didn’t until we made this tasty spiced bread. A twist on the traditional pumpkin or banana bread, we created our own recipe for gluten free pumpkin banana bread and it’s tasty! Heat a thick slice with a smear of butter for breakfast or a snack. Or add a scoop of vegan vanilla ice cream for a healthier dessert. Mmm.
Gluten Free Pumpkin Banana Bread
Makes two loaves
- 1½ cup gluten free oat flour
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- ¼ cup tapioca starch
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 can organic pumpkin puree
- 2 large bananas, mashed
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ⅓ cup coconut oil melted and cooled
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ cup milk or milk alternative
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- ½ cup golden raisins
- Preheat your oven to 375 F. Grease two loaf pans and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add the oat flour, brown rice flour, tapioca starch, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum, sea salt, and spices. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together the bananas, pumpkin, brown sugar, coconut oil, vanilla, eggs, lemon juice, honey, and milk.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, stirring until almost combined.
- Add the raisins and pecans and fold into the mixture.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the two loaf pans. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of each loaf comes out clean.