I remember the first time my mother-in-law told me about her gluten free peanut butter cookies. I didn’t really believe that only three ingredients could make cookies, even without using a flour. I’ve taken her recipe and dressed it up a bit to make it my own. It’s still just as simple, just as delicious. Melt your favorite dark chocolate and dip or drizzles these cookies to add a touch of richness.
Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies
Makes about 12 cookies
- 1 cup all natural chunky peanut butter
- ½ cup cane sugar or palm sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- Pinch of sea salt
- 6 oz dark chocolate, I recommend Theo Chocolate
- Preheat your oven to 375 F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter, sugar, vanilla, and egg together. Whip together until light and creamy.
- Using a 1-inch cookie scoop, measure the dough and form into balls. Place on the parchment paper and gently press down on the dough to flatten.
- Bake the cookies for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Allow the cookies to cool completely.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate in 30-second increments until smooth but not warm.
- Dip each cookie in the chocolate and coat halfway. You can also have a little fun with the chocolate and make designs/chaos like I did.
- Allow the chocolate to harden before serving. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.